Skip to content

- support services -

Residential Aged Care

Culturally appropriate residential aged care for Elders.

About the program​

Aboriginal Community Services delivers residential aged care under the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program for people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and require daily support and care.

Our residential aged care services provide accommodation and care for Elders, with a sense of community between our residents, families and staff. We embrace the culture of our residents and support them to maintain their quality of life.

Available in locations

Aboriginal Elders Village

2 Oldford Street
Davoren Park SA 5113

Phone: (08) 8287 1454
Fax: (08) 8287 1580


The only Aboriginal-specific aged care facility in Adelaide.

Tjilpiku Pampaku Ngura Aged Care Service

21-25 Tjilpi Pampa Street
Pukatja SA 0872 (APY Lands)

Tjilpiku Pampaku Ngura is a 14-bed Residential Aged Care Facility located in APY Lands.


Residential respite allows Elders to receive daily supports and services while staying in one of our residential aged care facilities for a short period of time.

Respite beds may be available. Please speak to the team at either the Aboriginal Elders Village or TPN – Pukatja regarding respite.

Lifestyle Program

The Lifestyle Program supports Elders with an active social calendar as well as wellness activities.

The program incorporates fun with cultural engagement and wellbeing, creating the perfect blend of activities to ensure that the Elders are kept active, participate in activities that bring them enjoyment and foster a sense of community.

How to get services

A comprehensive assessment with a member of an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will need to be undertaken prior to entry to our Residential Aged Care Facilities. We recommend a carer, family member or support person be with you during the assessment.

Elders can be referred to the service either through self-referral, be referred by a local provider or via My Aged Care.


Elders can contact their local ACS residential aged care facility to discuss their aged care options with our staff.

By provider

Local providers can contact ACS on your behalf to request consideration for residential aged care.

My Aged Care

Following an aged care assessment, Elders can be referred to our Residential Flexible Aged Care via My Aged Care.

Once an Elder is admitted to the facility, the Clinical Nurse Team Leader (Registered Nurse) will conduct a thorough clinical assessment to develop a care plan for the Elder.

For Elders who are not referred via My Aged Care, Aboriginal Community Services will support Elders to have an aged care assessment.

Further Information

Contact Aboriginal Community Services for more information on all of our services.